Recent legislation mandates that California employers with 5 or more employees MUST provide harassment prevention training to their entire workforce. This course is required by California law, SB1300, and must occur by Jan 1, 2021. Moreover, this new law requires one hour training for employees and two hours of training for managers and supervisors.
This webinar will help participants meet the requirements of the law, AND it will help to create a respectful work environment.
Not only will employees, managers, supervisors and owners learn about harassment and what to do about it, they will also gain skills to engage in civil, respectful behaviors at work. After all, civility is the key to harassment prevention.
During this webinar, participants will develop the knowledge and abilities to:
- Define incivility, abusive conduct, discrimination, and harassment; and their damaging impact
- Discuss harassment based on race, religion, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation
- Use a variety of methods for stepping in immediately when witnessing or experiencing inappropriate behavior
- Describe how to report complaints, and their role in promoting a workplace free of harassment
- Discuss what constitutes retaliation
- Review scenarios and examples in the health care industry, and select the appropriate course of action