This skill building webinar will help you better understand how your residents interpret both verbal and (of greater importance) non-verbal communication as well as introduce several powerful communication techniques especially effective when interacting with the resident with cognitive impairment.
During this presentation, we will discuss:
- Verbal communication including listening skills and barriers to verbal communication.
- Non-verbal communication (eye contact, facial expressions, touch, gestures, proxemics, spatial orientation, body posture, etc.)
- Challenges to effective communication.
- Validation and other effective communication techniques.
- Environmental adaptations to support effective communication.