As care providers, we strive to develop relationships with our residents - and to come to know our residents as individuals. We learn their needs, interests, customary routines and personal preferences. This, of course, is the foundation for person centered care. How then, do we deal with the inevitable grief that accompanies the death of those we have come to care for?
During this empowering webinar, participants will:
- Learn how we as care providers deal with death and dying, and how we may more effectively support our residents and colleagues through their own process of bereavement.
- Understand how the belief systems and experiences of staff related to death, dying and grief impact upon their interactions with residents, families and others.
- Differentiate between "normal" grief reactions and "complicated" grief.
- Explore the stages of grief.
- Identify strategies to support residents and colleagues in their grief.