Discharge planning can be a challenging role requiring staff to balance the discharge goals of the resident, the rights of the resident, and the desire of the IDT to ensure that residents have the support and resources necessary for a safe discharge.
During this information packed presentation, participants will:
- Explore federal regulations related to discharge planning (specifically voluntary discharges)
- Understand the role of facility staff (especially Social Service staff) related to discharge and discharge planning
- Gain increased confidence that the necessary documentation related to discharge planning is completed
- Gain ideas for successful resolution when discharge planning challenges arise
- Understand situations of residents leaving Against Medical Advice (AMA) and the role of Social Services when this occurs.