Transmission of Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs) doesn’t just happen in the inpatient setting. Medical office healthcare professionals play a critical role in preventing the spread of disease-causing germs in our communities. So what are the guidelines for hand hygiene in the healthcare setting, what are the barriers to compliance and how can you be an ambassador for infection prevention in your office or facility? Please join us as Dr. Boyce, an internationally recognized expert on hand hygiene, discusses the most up-to-date research, guidelines and best practices to stopping the spread of infection in your healthcare setting.
This program offers 1 CEU* (Continuing Education Unit/Credit) sponsored by Clorox Healthcare®
Learning objectives include:
- Understand the importance of hand hygiene in protecting patients and healthcare personnel
- Become familiar with strategies for educating healthcare personnel regarding when and how to perform hand hygiene
- Become knowledgeable about the options available for making alcohol-based hand rub readily available to healthcare personnel
- Become familiar with methods for monitoring hand hygiene compliance in the healthcare setting
- Be able to cite effective strategies for promoting hand hygiene in healthcare facilities